KAILASH MANASAROVAR YATRA – KAILASH OUTER KORA VIA KATHMANDU
This is an ultimate journey to Mt. Kailash famed as the ‘Center of the Universe’. On day 1, you arrive at Kathmandu, meet and greet fellow pilgrims, get oriented about the pilgrimage and the significance of this journey. On day 2, you vist Pasupathinath temple and Budhanikantha temple, called the sleeping Vishnu. This is an open air Hindu temple and the main statue is a black stone structure carved from single block of black basalt. Pasupathinath temple is a famous and sacred Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (called Pasupathinath). It is not known for certain when this Temple was built. But according to legends, the Temple’s existence dates back to 400 B.C.
The following day, you fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and rest in the evening. The next day, fly to Simikot. After Simikot, you take a charter helicopter flight to Hilsa. Hilsa is the Nepal/ China border. Once you land at Hilsa, you cross the Karnali River through a suspension bridge and enter into China. You finish the immigration formalities in Customs office, before you drive to Taklakot (Purang). You get a full day rest at Purang the next day and it is a day when one can do shopping at Purang market for Kailash parikrama. Day 7 is the ultimate day when you get to drive towards Lake Rakshastal and Lake Manasarovar. This day will also be the day of the lifetime where you get to see the Holy Mount Kailash. After dips in the Holy lake, Havan (pooja) will be performed. Then, you drive to Darchen, the base camp of Kailash and prepare for the parikrama the following 3 days. After parikrama, you fly back the same route to Kathmandu. This is the truly trip of a lifetime with a divine experience and stunning scenery.
NOTE: Shri Brahmarishi Mohanji will be with the participants on 10th & 11th of July at Kathmandu. He will subsequently travel via Lhasa. And He will meet all the participants again at Manasarovar on 16th & 17th July where he will conduct a satsang (discourse with Q&A) and a Havan (fire ceremony).
Date: 10th of July till 22nd of July 2017
Length: 13 days
- Maximum altitude: 1350m to 5850m
- Mode of Trip in Nepal: By coach, air, helicopter
- Mode of Trip in Tibet: By coach
- The trip starts from Kathmandu and ends at Kathmandu
- Passport should be valid at least 6 month after the completion of the trip.
- Participants SHOULD NOT apply for the Chinese visa in their country themselves if they are intending to travel to Tibet via Kathmandu (Nepal). If they had applied for the Chinese visa in their country prior to arrival in Kathmandu, it would be automatically cancelled when we get the Tibet visa here in Kathmandu.
- The Chinese/Tibet visa that we get in Kathmandu is a “Group Visa” and is not entered in travellers’ passports but on a separate sheet of paper – be it one person or a group consisting of two or more persons.
Outer Kora via Kathmandu: INR –
The pilgrimage package includes the following:
- 3 Nights accommodation using 5 star hotel in Kathmandu on sharing basis
- 1 Night accommodation using best available hotel in Nepalgunj on sharing basis
- Accommodation in Tibet using Guest Houses on sharing basis
- Mineral water throughout Kailash Yatra
- Kathmandu airport arrival and departure transfers by coach.
- One half-day Kathmandu sightseeing covering Pashupatinath & Budanilkantha by coach.
- Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Simikot / Nepalgunj / Kathmandu transfer by Air.
- Simikot / Hilsa / Simikot by Helicopter.
- In Tibet, land transfer by luxury bus
- Supporting truck to carry luggage, food, equipment etc
- Yak & Yakmen for trekking equipment and food during Kailash Parikarma
- Highly qualified and experienced Sherpa staff throughout the trip
- Tibetan Guide.
- Table & Chair
- Sleeping bag & Mattress
- All necessary equipments
- Air compressor bag [Gammo Bag]
- First Aid Kit
- Oxygen Cylinder
Permit / Fees:
- Tibet & Simikot [Nepal] permit
- Normal Chinese Visa fee
- Satellite Phone (will be charged as per the use)
- Local Mobile [Chinese] (will be charged as per the use)
- Walky Talky
- Windcheater Jacket & Pant
- Duffle bag
- Trip Certificate
The pilgrimage package excludes the following:
- Airfare to Kathmandu and return
- Nepal visa for NRIs & foreigners.
- All personal expenses like telephone calls, tips, shopping, laundry, cold/hard drinks etc.
- Personal call from mobile phones, there will be charge as per the use.
- Personal use of pony/porter during Parikarma [Kora].
- Single room supplement in Kathmandu.
- Any extra services such as extra vehicle / hotel nights / sightseeing tours than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Evacuation cost
- Travel Insurance
- Extra cost such as extra night stay than mentioned in the itinerary, ill health, cancellation, changes in itinerary that are incurred due to unforeseen reasons such as road blockage due to landslide, heavy snowfall, strikes, flight cancellation etc.
- Visa splitting charge and extra transportation cost, if returning early from Tibet
- Any service that is not mentioned above in inclusion part
Please be aware that the “Kailash with Mohanji” pilgrimage is demanding pilgrimage both physically and mentally and requires the pilgrim to be in good physical condition.
The Outer Kora yatra involves a strenuous 50km parikrama (circumambulation) around Mount Kailash over 3 days. In particular, the second day of the parikrama is a long and tough day involving a 22km trek up and down Dolmala Pass which is at an altitude of 5800m. Mules and porters are available at additional cost to transport the pilgrim and their baggage respectively through the parikrama. However, low oxygen environments due to high altitude coupled with the intensity of effort puts a lot of physical toll on the pilgrim. Further, Kailash is an energy powerhouse that, in the presence of a Master, will effect powerful spiritual transformation that may manifest as physical symptoms such as pain, body ache, etc. or emotional upheavals. Hence, the participants must ensure that they have the requisite fitness levels and the flexibility and agility to navigate such terrains as also the mental fortitude to deal with the travails of intense spiritual transformation.
The Chinese authorities may reject the entire group if they deem anyone from the group to be unfit to continue on the parikrama. Further, if the pilgrim health breaks down during the parikrama, it puts the pilgrim’s life at peril at a location where emergency medical help is unavailable and emergency evacuation is the only way out. Any additional expenses for emergency evacuation will need to be borne by the pilgrims themselves. This also creates undue pressure on the support apparatus for the rest of the group due to diversion of sherpas to escort the pilgrim(s) back.
Hence, our Sherpas assess every pilgrim’s health condition before we start off on the parikrama and take decisions on the spot on whether to permit the pilgrim to continue on the parikrama or not. The pilgrims deemed unfit will proceed back to Kathmandu along with the pilgrims from the Manasarovar track. This decision will be binding and non-negotiable and no refunds will be given if the pilgrim’s health is deemed unfit. In case you have doubts on your fitness condition, kindly choose the Manasarovar track which is not as physically challenging. Further, any additional costs the pilgrims have to bear on additional stays at Kathmandu or elsewhere, before they return home, will have to be borne by the pilgrims themselves.
We would strongly recommend that you consult with a physician to help you take a studied call on your health condition vis-a-vis high altitude environments before you embark on the trip. While the Master’s and Lord Shiva’s grace is always there to help the pilgrim complete the yatra, it would be advised for the pilgrim to ensure and work on their physical fitness to avert the possibility of a debilitating or an emergency medical situation.
RISK & LIABILITY
We will do our best to make the tour safe and smooth. Our tour operator conducts all the tour programs strictly under the rules and regulations of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). However, Mohanji Foundation will not be accountable for any changes due to change of official rules and laws of Tibet. Moreover, we will also not be liable for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, cancellation of flight, sickness and accidents. Any extra cost arising due to the above circumstances shall be borne by the clients on the spot.