Our world is reeling under the throes of a severe and punishing pandemic that refuses to die down. With great effort, the first wave of the pandemic was brought down, and we had seeming order, to some extent, back into our lives. A second wave has risen that is even more threatening and seems to engulf the world under its sway.
Since time, the ancient rishis (sages) and saints have used the power of mantras (chants) and fire ceremonies to tide over crises. In this time of economic crisis, panic, confusion, fear, insecurity, anxieties, depression and even suicidal behaviour, we use our collective power of intention and the power of the mantras (chants) and the sacred fire to seek the protection, abundance and well-being that is our natural birthright along with the strength, composure and conviction to face our struggles head-on.
A mandala, a period of 41 days, is considered a spiritually auspicious period to effect major transformation and deliver a chosen objective. Mohanji Acharyas plan to conduct mandala of a daily fire ritual at Mohanji’s Bangalore and Canada ashrams that will be supported by worldwide chanting, for the greater good of ourselves, our families, our communities, our countries, those on the frontline, our governments, our environment and mother Earth.
We will start our mandala on May 14th (Akshaya Tritiya), a spiritually powerful and auspicious day to begin new endeavours. It is also the birthday of Lord Parashurama, the sixth avatar of Lord Vishnu. It is also Vrishabha Sankranti which marks the transition of the Sun from Aries to Taurus – a day particularly beneficial for abundance and healthWe will start our mandala on May 14th (Akshaya Tritiya), a spiritually powerful and auspicious day to begin new endeavours. It is also the birthday of Lord Parashurama, the sixth avatar of Lord Vishnu. It is also Vrishabha Sankranti which marks the transition of the Sun from Aries to Taurus – a day particularly beneficial for abundance and health.
This period also includes two powerful eclipses – a total lunar eclipse on May 26th 2021 and an annular solar eclipse on June 10th 2021. Eclipses are powerful days for spiritual practices especially chanting of mantras. Many people pursuing mantra siddhi (spiritual powers through chanting mantras) use the eclipse days to get accelerated progress to their spiritual practice. We will use the eclipse days in particular to enhance the power of our efforts, Kindly click on the respective links to get more information.
- Attendance is free. Donations are welcome.
- Those who would like to place private requests for specific individuals or their family can do so at an energy exchange of INR 8100 (108 USD). Please see below for more details
How to Participate?
- Place a picture of Mohanji and your favorite deities
- Light a lamp (or candle) in front of the picture.
- Please go to this page to choose your chant
- Understand the recitation of the chant. Practise before the session until you get it right.
- It is best to attend the homa for the whole duration and listen to/recite the chosen chants. If not possible, participate for a shorter duration within the prescribed time. If you cannot make it at all, connect to the homa mentally at 3am and make an intent to be part of it.
- Within the specified times, be seated comfortably and connect mentally to the homa
- First make a clear intent with intensity. Pray for self, family, community, country, those on the frontline, the government, the environment and mother Earth.
- If you choose not to chant, mentally connect to the homa and meditate.
- Concentrate and chant your mantra continuously, occasionally looking at the picture, from the beginning until the end of your chanting session
- If multiple people are chanting together, it is best for them to chant separately and exclusively using separate pictures (and lamps).
- Centres and groups should get together to organise chant sessions too during this time.
- People are encouraged to chant through the day at other times as well to create a groundswell of support for the transformation.
- it is recommended to take a bath before joining the session. If that is not possible, please wash the face, hands and feet.
- If chanting, gargle three times to make sure the mouth is clean. Please ensure you do not eat or drink (other than water) anything after you gargle until the end of your participation.
- The more the commitment, the stronger the intent, the better the connection.
- Surrender and connect to the homa in the way that is best suited to you.
- The more you put in, the more you get out of it. Sincerity and intensity are essential for success.
Donations and Private Requests for Homa for Individuals or Family
- To contribute, go to the donate page of this website
- Those based in India can go to “Donate to Mohanji Foundation India” only
- Mention “Donation for COVID-19 Homa” in Purpose/Comments
- Those based outside India can go to “Donate to Mohanji Foundation US” only
- Click on the pencil icon under the amount which says “Add special instructions to the seller:” and mention “Donation for COVID-19 Homa”
- Those based in India can go to “Donate to Mohanji Foundation India” only
- Those who would like to place private requests for specific individuals or their family can do so at an energy exchange of INR 8100 (108USD). For private requests, the names would be specifically invoked as beneficiaries of the homa at the beginning of the homa and their intents mentioned for all the days. To place a private request, kindly fill up the following form.
50% of all received donations as well as energy exchange will be used to support the “Stand with Bharat” initiative via Ammucare. The other 50% will be used to support the various activities and initiatives of Mohanji Foundation.
What should we do during the homa?
- Intent – Request what is needed and specify who needs it
- Mohanji says everything begins with you. Start with your need – power, strength, abundance, protection, etc. Then friends and family. Then your city, country and the world. Remember as many people as possible who can benefit from it including those in need – those who have contracted the disease; the doctors, nurses and the frontline people who are fighting the crisis; the essential service workers who are making our lives comfortable, people who are suffering physically, emotionally, financially, etc. Pray for Mother Earth and all the beings who are suffering the excesses of mankind. Pray for mankind to use this opportunity to change for a better tomorrow. Ask with clarity and intensity. Be clear about what you need and who it is for and with the belief that your wish is being heard and fulfilled.
- Surrender and connect.
- Chant from the heart. Connect to the Divine through the chant with concentration and feeling. Talk to the Divine in the language of your heart. Keep reinforcing your intent throughout the session. Offer all that you would like to release to the fire.
- The more you put in, the more you get out of it. Best to stay for the whole session. If not, be there as long as possible within the prescribed time. If you cannot join, connect to Mohanji, request to mentally participate in the homa and express your intent for the homa to Mohanji.
- Our initiatives are meant to spread more positivity and light into the world. Invite as many people to join the homa to ensure that maximum people benefit from it. The benefited invitees also add to your merits. Attendance is free hence there are no barriers to entry. Please do mention that voluntary donations are appreciated. This will be used to power more such initiatives worldwide.