The Kumbh Mela 2015 with Mohanji
Mohanji Team lovingly invites all to participate in the “The Kumbh Mela 2015 with Mohanji” pilgrimage from 12th September to 18th September 2015 in Nashik, India. This is a rare opportunity to participate in a sacred event in the powerful presence of a living Enlightened Master. This pilgrimage also offers us an opportunity to visit spiritual centres and hallowed temples in the vicinity with Mohanji.
The History of the Kumbh Mela
The history of the Kumbh Mela goes back to the ancient Vedic scriptures, the Puranas, when the demigods (devatas) and demons (Asuras) churned the primordial ocean of milk in an attempt to extract the celestial nectar of immortality (Amrut). Since neither side had the power to accomplish the task alone, a collective effort was put forth. Once the amrut was extracted, both sides wanted it for themselves. The gods stole the Kumbha (divine pot) carrying the nectar and a chase ensued across the universe for 12 days and 12 nights, equivalent to 12 human years. It is believed that during this chase, a few drops of amrit fell at 4 places – Nashik, Ujjain, Haridwar and Allahabad. Since that time, millions gather in each of these four places over a 12 year cycle to bathe in the sacred river water at these places in a grand gathering known as the Kumbh Mela.
Significance of the Kumbh Mela
Kumbh Mela is one of the most sacred events in India and happens to be the largest peaceful gathering in the world. This year, over 10 million people are expected to congregate at Nashik.
During the Kumbh Mela, many great saints and spiritual masters choose to come out of seclusion and share their wisdom and blessings with ordinary pilgrims. The magnitude and scale of this glorious spiritual gathering is awe inspiring and makes for a wonderful, unforgettable experience.
Astrologically, the planet Jupiter and the Sun are in the zodiac sign Leo (simha rashi) during the Nashik Kumbh Mela and a powerful supercharge of positive charge happens. The whole area– the water, the air and the entire atmosphere – is energised with that divine force. Taking a bath in the holy Godavari, imbued with that power, absolves oneself of all past sins and karmic debts and leads one to a joyful existence and liberation (moksha).
Program Schedule for “Kumbh Mela 2015 with Mohanji”
o Assembly date: 12th September, latest by evening in Nashik
o Dispersal date: 18th September (after the snan)
o Participate in two holy dips in a group led by Shri Mohanji himself
• Second Shahi Snan on 13th Sep, 2015
• Third Shahi Snan on 18th Sep, 2015
o Visit holy temples and spiritual centres in the vicinity, including:
• Trimbakeshwar (ancient Shiva temple, and one of the 12 Jyotirlingas)
• Anjneri hill (birthplace of Lord Hanuman)
• Shirdi (Samadhi of Sai Baba, one of the most powerful and active spiritual masters in recent times)
• Sakori (Samadhi of Upasani Maharaj, a spiritual master who was Sai Baba’s disciple and one of the Gurus of Meher Baba)
• Shani Shignapur (powerful temple dedicated to Lord Shani, i.e. Saturn – the god of justice)
• Dandakvan Ashram (spiritual centre dedicated to meditation and spirituality)
Why you should attend
• Participating in the Kumbh Mela is a rare opportunity for any spiritual seeker; while many yearn for this through their lifetime, only a select few are able to fulfil this desire
• Further, to take a holy dip in the presence of an Enlightened Master is an enormous blessing
• You will have opportunities to meet with and take darshan from other spiritual masters, who are only accessible during the Kumbh Mela
• In a small group, you will be in close proximity to Mohanji for the duration of the program and bask in his energy and loving grace
• You will get to experience, as different from visiting, temples and spiritual centres from a different perspective, thanks to Mohanji’s guidance and presence
• The emotional and spiritual cleansing from a week’s pilgrimage will alter your approach to life, depending on your receptivity.
• A new perspective will help you understand how to blend spirituality into your daily material life, and appreciate that spirituality does not necessarily mean an ascetic existence
How to attend
To reserve your place, please contact: +919419196946 / +919004373331 or you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited spaces are available for this program, on a first-come-first-served basis.