Revision Date: 03 October, 2019
(“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://mohanji.org/
website (the “Service”).
Mohanji Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information which you provide to us.
). By accessing the Mohanji Foundation website or any of the Mohanji Foundation apps (together, Websites
- Collection of personal information:
You may provide personal information to Mohanji Foundation for a variety of reasons, including:
- to receive information about, or to participate in, Mohanji Foundation or other initiatives undertaken by the Mohanji Foundation
- to receive information about or become involved in Mohanji Foundation activities
- to purchase Mohanji Foundation products or merchandise
- to make a donation to Mohanji Foundation for its Ashrams and/or any other initiatives undertaken by Mohanji Foundation that you wish to support
- to attend a Mohanji Foundation events, pilgrimages and retreats.
This personal information may include (without limitation) details such as your name, image, age, date of birth, address, postcode, mobile number, e-mail address, health & dietary information, personal practices, beliefs and other biographical information. If you purchase products or make a donation to Mohanji Foundation, you may provide Mohanji Foundation with credit card details and other information which will allow Mohanji Foundation to process the transaction. Note that Mohanji Foundation does not store credit card information.
The choice of how much information you provide to Mohanji Foundation is yours and of course if you want to make a donation, or otherwise participate in Mohanji Foundation programs and events, Mohanji Foundation will require certain information from you in order to provide the services or conduct the programs and events.
- How does Mohanji Foundation use your Personal Information?
The personal information you provide to Mohanji Foundation through our Websites may be used by Mohanji Foundation for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information or other communications about Mohanji Foundation
- to promote Mohanji Foundation and/or its activities and events
- to keep you informed in all the initiatives undertaken by Mohanji Foundation
- to analyse statistics in relation to the Mohanji Foundation community
If you choose to provide your personal details to Mohanji Foundation you agree that your personal information may be displayed or included as set out above. You also agree that your personal details may accordingly be identified, recovered and displayed by internet search engines. This is applicable with regards to testimonials (audio, video and written) which gets published on Mohanji Foundation websites and shared via social media.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- How visible is my information?
Your information will not be made available without prior consent of yours. In instances where you feel your information has been made available without your consent, you may correct the same by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
In specific instances (e.g.) written testimonials, your information will be made available for search engines to pick up and display your article which is published with your written consent.
- Communication preferences:
Where you have agreed to receive Mohanji Foundation emails, Mohanji Foundation may use your personal information to send you emails (including promotion emails) about the Mohanji Foundation events, associated activities and the events. You will be provided with an opportunity in each email communication to decline to receive any further communications from Mohanji Foundation. In addition, you can change your email or be taken off the mailing list, please contact email@example.com
- Disclosure of Personal Information:
Personal information collected by Mohanji Foundation will not be shared with any other organisation, event organisers or other third parties, except with volunteers and authorised vendors or suppliers who sign up “Non-Disclosure Agreement” only
if the work demands we share the information which will be limited to the work they are contracted to execute.
We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers or other external third parties for analytics, website maintenance, for outsourcing some of the functions and services relating to the purposes for which your personal information may be processed by Mohanji Foundation, for storage and otherwise to offer and/or enhance our Services. When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract, or where you would reasonably expect Mohanji Foundation to disclose it to a third-party for a specific purpose.
We may also disclose your personal information to our event organisers managing Mohanji Foundation hosted events, retreats and Pilgrimages around the world. The information shall be shared only to an extent that is required to fulfil their contractual obligation for the specific purpose.
- Transfer of Personal Information:
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We will not sell your personal information to other parties.
- Security & storage of your information:
Mohanji Foundation takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information may be stored and maintained in a secure cloud-based environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, as no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online.
- Access, correction and complaints in relation to personal information:
Access to personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by Mohanji Foundation. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
Correction of personal information
If you believe any of your personal information held by Mohanji Foundation is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, Mohanji Foundation will take reasonable steps to correct the information. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links to other websites:
Mohanji Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to a Website, or for the privacy practices of any third-party social media or other service providers that you can access through a Website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers, including, but not limited to, Facebook Fundraisers and Facebook donation functionality, which may require you to provide additional personal information.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: We use analytical cookies that allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of our Websites that are of the most interest to them. For these purposes, we may store the following:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- the date and time you accessed our Websites
- the advert or internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Websites
- the pages you accessed while visiting our Websites
- the device from which you accessed our Websites
- the location from which you accessed our Websites
Your cookie preferences
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Websites are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Websites then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where requests within an application involve multiple stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall request.
To make full use of our Websites, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our sites will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our websites.
Amending cookie preferences